#1 at the Box Office

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Santa, God, Airforce, and changes.

Sooo here's the low down that some of you may not have known. I'm due Dec 14th, and my husband CJ was notified a month ago or so that he was to deploy for the 4th time in 8 years in oct-ish for 6 months. He goes when he's told, but he really wanted to be home more with our family. He just spent all last year in Korea (to the AF that is not a deployment). My reaction? I laughed. Not a I'm mad, about to hurt someone laugh. Just laughing. I laughed when I found out I was pregnant. Found it completely hilarious that we just moved here, live in a 3 br house on base, and AGAIN I'm due at the end of the year (Taylor and Lauren were born 5 yrs and 3 days apart). I'm not afraid of childbirth, that never crossed my mind. I can do that without him (well I mean, I'm doing all the "work" right?) but I would be naming him/her without him, and having to rely on A LOT of people. Two kids plus baby, two dogs, and a house to take care of- 2 weeks before Christmas...can Santa do more then just deliver presents??
Fast forward to last week.
He passed his PT test, made Tech (avg sew on is at 12 yrs in service, he'll be at 8.5 yrs when that goes down:) I never had a doubt he wouldn't make it, he kicks my A$$ in trivial pursuit everytime. The mans knowledge has no bounds. That and he's just really good at his job.
Pass go and move to June 27th.
So. My future changed this day. The chief of his squadron heard "good things" about him lately. A job opened last week in staff, no one applied for it. UDM, unit deployment manager. They decide who is on what deployment, when they go, and guides them through how to get ready for it. It's a tech only kind of job. He was "voluntold" he was taking over this position. Which means for us??? He cannot deploy for the time in which he is in that position. Meaning around 2-3 years from now. He'll work mon-fri business hours.


So. Me and my girls will have the man of the house, IN the house for a good while! I'd like to give a special shout out to the Big G O D. My prayer wasn't specific to you, I could never ask you to take him off the team and put another in his place. I asked for safety for my husband, guidance for our future, and patience of the angels to get through the deployment.


I'd like to edit the last part. I'd like to say thank you. Thank you for all that you do. The little, the big, the unnoticeable, and the miracles you perform all day, everyday, all year, every year for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment