#1 at the Box Office

Monday, June 24, 2013

FOOD. Good, hearty FOOD.

I have to admit it. Here, let me stand. Ok. (Raising my right hand) I have to admit, that I Courtney Coles, have fallen into the "I'm too busy to make a fantastic meal (hardly even weekly!!) for my children since you've been gone" phase. 

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me. Y'all know we love to cook. I especially love new recipes from my fav peeps over at FOOD NETWORK. Epic fail this TDY. I miss good, hearty food. Harlow is all, "What's this round green thing, lady?" I actually have a list of all of our favorite recipes from websites, our own, family, or friends. It's over 60 dinners. There shouldn't be a problem. Oh..except I have 3 kids, sports schedules, the cake business, and HE'S NOT HERE. Excuses, excuses...I know. Imma fixit tonight! Had some chicken legs that needed to be cooked up tonight. So I called up my mom in law, picked her brain, and went with a tried and true easy favorite. And it goes a lil sumthin' like this: 

Ingredients: 14 chicken legs, 2 cans of cream of mushroom (I had 1 with garlic), 2 cans of water, 2 cups O Rice, coarse pepper, Italian seasoning, basil, a splash of Mediterranean sea salt. 

Directions: Turn your slow cooker on LOW, add the cans of COM (cream of mushroom), water, rice, splash of Mediterranean sea salt and mix with rubber spatula. Open package of legs, sprinkle with pepper and italian seasoning. Use tongs to place chicken in the crock pot and make sure everything has been coated with the mix and all rice is below the surface. Cook on LOW for 6 hours. OPTIONS: Add carrots of green beans to the mix towards the end for a veggie. 

BOOM! Dinner is served. The dogs are going to be hovering tomorrow night, that's for sure. 

Just a side note: Go make Pioneer Womans Frito Chili Pie recipe. It is to DIE for! I'm thinking that'll be this weekends special Saturday night movie meal. AND we're only 74 days away from KICK OFF! Here's a 100 reasons to be excited for the Gators 2013 Football Season. Food is WAY important around here on game day. Good Lord...I'm drooling just thinking about it all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment