#1 at the Box Office

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The past 3 months

I can't believe that title. Has he been here for that long all ready? Jason, it's time to slow the time down mister. Well, let's recap:

May 22nd, 2014 I was induced. Didn't take long at all. Pitocin at 630am, Epidural at 1130am, water popped at 1230pm, and born at 2:04pm. No pain, because they chose when to give me the epidural instead of me usually waiting until I'm in pain. I felt jipt, I'm not gonna lie. The birth was fast (one push, yo!), and recovery crazy easy. And then we were hit with 12 solid days of COLIC... I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy! 3pm-11pm of crying. Couldn't make my baby boy happy. It must be because he's the fourth, last one, only boy, or I'm older (pick one lol) that instead of getting bitter/mad/insane...(again, pick one!) I just felt sad.. Sad I couldn't help him, and I cried along with him most nights. I was just so happy he was here, even though he was screaming his head off. Turns out he had reflux too. The minute he had the meds, there was HALF the amount of crying. It trickled off too. He was 2 weeks when it started and it was gone by 10 weeks. The "baby jesus" move, also known as the elevator would make him instantly stop crying. We held one hand under his neck and the other under his butt. Up down, up down, up...down.......up......down. I think I can...I think I can.. I can't. "Honey your turn!" Thank God CJ got 10 days paternity leave, and then we went to AZ (his moms) for 3 weeks. If he had been gone..I dunno.. I may have lost my mind!
So now everything is going pretty darn good. Let's start with the first kid:

Taylor Rae

She has been... *sigh*..*tear...The BEST! A part of me is sad how big of a gap there is between Jason and her, but then again- she will remember EVERYTHING. What a nice thing that is. Such a big help too, even when she isn't asked. She started 6th grade this year. I cannot wrap my head around it, yet I'm just as excited as her. Middle school was my favorite honestly. She's super happy and just eager to get out the door every morning. Hope it lasts lol. The school did assessments on all the kids, and right away we found out that she's reading at 8 grade level, go Taylor! Little smarty pants. And shout out to Grandma Cindi for sending her clarinet for Tay Tay to use! She loves it!!

Lauren. Riley. Coles.

 LoLo... She has changed so much, and for the better, over these last 3-5 months. Taylor has "played" less and less. And that has been hard for Lolo. But what she didn't realize is that Harlow is closer in age than Taylor. It's taken her some time, but now she willingly plays with Harlow and 50% of the time it's pleasant. They actually share a room now. I know before I said Taylor volunteered to share with Harlow, but while family was visiting for Jason's birth and after- all the girls shared Lauren's room. So after they all left for good, we sent Taylor back to her room, and rearranged the room for Harlow's stuff and bed. Lauren asked after a week, "Hey when is Harlow going back into Taylor's room?" Never.... HA! You should have SEEN her face! Priceless. We pointed out how well it's been going, and how she loves to play. I think she may have bought it. She started school today. Last year was half days, and so this is her first year of all day school. THANK YOU JESUS! She required a lot, I think she just needed to be challenged instead of being challenging because she's bored. This summer she learned to tell time on the second hand clock, addition, and to count money.

Harlow Renee. 

Has turned into a string bean. Not that she was ever a chunk butt, but she's shaped like her Daddy, no ass! She was so sad watching her sisters go to school. This morning we walked Lolo to her first day and Harlow had her own "pack pack" too.. It's pitiful. BUT she's starting preschool early. Birthday is in December, but friends of mine run it out of their house. They said they think she'd be fine! She's just freaky awesome at listening, applying, following directions.. her comprehension is ridiculous. Counts to 16 (I think Taylor didn't start counting that high until 6 months from now), has known her abc's since 2, and her vocabulary is pretty darn big. Her main issue is she has a high palate and can't say certain words correctly. Stawberry, spicy is ficy..."S" with a secondary starting sound (make sense?) comes out wrong. So maybe 3 years of preschool (could be less?? If they test her and allow her in at 4 3/4 years old) would help with that. Excited to see her blossom!

Jason..my sweet, squishy, cuddly, handsome boy. 

His smile is just so sweet. He's teetering on 6-9 month clothing, in size 2 diapers, and EATS like a champ. Naps like a pro. Right now, the current family favorite HA! I need to get that onesie from Target..

Me? I'm good. 


Dropped 35 of the 45 gained so far. Just tracking calories now, having the breastfeeding WORK for me. #MomOf4WithA3MonthOld RUNNING?? #Ain'tNobodyGotTimeForDat! Eventually I'll have time when he has a more predictable schedule.


Just passing time while CJ is at continued training in New Jersey for the month of September (BOO!). Us girls just started watching "Once Upon A Time" on Netflix- we love it! Trying to watch it all so we can record the NEW season with Frozen characters. #PassingTimeWhileDaddyIsGone

Have great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment