#1 at the Box Office

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Aunti Em! Auntie Em!


Today we had showers. No. I take that back. We had a massive storm. Tornado warning and all. Me and the girls were over at Sarah's new townhouse hanging out for the day. Around 1pm it starting to rain and within seconds it was a full blown storm, siren, and whooping winds and I swear I heard the freight train! Well that wasn't until around 2pm. I've been having this dream about a tornado tearing my home apart and trying to gather all of my family in one room. It always ends ok. About 2pm I heard not thunder, but some kind of loud roaring. The wind started beat against the house pretty hard. I yelled to Sarah to go take cover and we grabbed all the girls and sat in the bathroom for 5 mins. We could hear it calm down. We don't know for sure if it was anything, I just know the sounds I heard were different then normal storm sounds.

A sickly greenish or greenish black color to the sky.
If there is a watch or warning posted, then the fall of hail should be considered as a real danger sign.
Hail can be common in some areas, however, and usually has no tornadic activity along with it.
A strange quiet that occurs within or shortly after the thunderstorm.
Clouds moving by very fast, especially in a rotating pattern or converging toward one area of the sky.
A sound a little like a waterfall or rushing air at first, but turning into a roar as it comes closer. The sound of a tornado has been likened to that of both railroad trains and jets.
Debris dropping from the sky.
An obvious "funnel-shaped" cloud that is rotating, or debris such as branches or leaves being pulled upwards,
even if no funnel cloud is visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment