2.the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
3.moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
4.(usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.
1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.
3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.
5. reputation: a stain on one's character.
6. good repute.
7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.
Example: If you can't tell the Doctor on call to stop being rude and to stop treating like you are stupid, I sure as heck will. I am all about being treated fairly and equality for all.
What's the phrase? ASSUME. It makes an ass out of u and me. Don't assume someone is thinking or meaning something different then what is coming past their lips. Otherwise you will always have confrontation in your life. A little is OK. You need a strong back bone for those once in a lifetime moments where you need to stand up for someone or something. But over analyzing everything will surely make you nuts. And yes, everyone will notice too. You will be coined "she's crazy." Who wants that? Not I said the fly.