#1 at the Box Office

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Your character and ethics as a human being


–plural noun
1.(used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
2.the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
3.moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
4.(usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

char•ac•ter –noun
1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
2. one such feature or trait
; characteristic.
3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.
5. reputation: a stain on one's character.
6. good repute.
7. an account of the qualities or peculiarities of a person or thing.


Not everyone likes their "character" qualities. Over time some shrivel away, while others (sometimes the bad ones) take over at every chance given. I, myself, had a low threshold for stress tolerance. Sometimes it does get a little out of control still. Only when i feel overwhelmed mentally. It's my quick get out answer. Just say something quick so the situation is over. With having this problem also adds another. Taking things personal...all the time. I'm better at that, too. When I am having a stress tolerance issue I find saying little as possible in a situation best. But since I used to say so much during those moments, people who know me best misunderstand why I am quiet. It's truly not because I am "sulking". I am counting in my head, or saying "this isn't that big of a deal, calm down.." Unfortunately I have found that I am easily provoked still. It's a trait that has stayed with me. The upside to that is, if I'm on your side I will take care of you. I've got your back always.

Example: If you can't tell the Doctor on call to stop being rude and to stop treating like you are stupid, I sure as heck will. I am all about being treated fairly and equality for all.

What's the phrase? ASSUME. It makes an ass out of u and me. Don't assume someone is thinking or meaning something different then what is coming past their lips. Otherwise you will always have confrontation in your life. A little is OK. You need a strong back bone for those once in a lifetime moments where you need to stand up for someone or something. But over analyzing everything will surely make you nuts. And yes, everyone will notice too. You will be coined "she's crazy." Who wants that? Not I said the fly.

Back to having a low threshold for stress tolerance. Here's a simple, "skip the heightened emotions and in excusable behaviour" answer: just ask me what is really bothering me. Chances are it isn't you (or it could be lol). That is a universal move. It works with EVERYONE. A hand on the shoulder, soft voice, maybe if you were bickering too an apology (I'm big on that, apologizing ALWAYS is the key to successful relationships), and a quiet setting will surely calm this person down. You'll get your answers and more. Again taking that mountain down and turning it into a plateau full of grassy fields, aromatic flowers, and a slightly breezy 72 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment