#1 at the Box Office

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Myself, I am.

Me, myself, and I.
JULY 2008
Always a work in progress. I'm none too happy with the way I look, but isn't that how most people view themselves? A little less here, a little more there. Little time, and little motivation seems to be the common denominator. I'm going to be 31 this year, and I've spent quite some time on the number roller coaster on the scale. This pregnancy I would have all ready gained around 25-30 lbs. I'm 7 months tomorrow (27 weeks), and I just hit 20 lbs. For the first time, and last pregnancy, I'm staying aware of what I'm doing to myself. Lauren and Harlow I gained 45 lbs. Yeah...I have over 8 pound babies, and Lauren was 9 1/2 lbs. BUT. I shouldn't have gained that much. 

I attribute it to lack of movement starting around the time the belly gets pretty heavy. Like most women, my lower back just quits and gives up. And so do I. This time I am moving more since the beginning. I have to walk Lauren to school everyday, I have stairs in the house, and I have been stretching regularly every week. I think it all really helps with my lower back. Although in the next month he'll gain a solid 1- 1 1/2 lbs (we're at 2ish lbs now), and from then on...it'll be a constant buffet binge for him. In the 8th month with all the kids I gained 7-10 lbs. I'm trying to avoid such a spike, but I know I have good size babies...and lets face it. He's a boy, have you seen my husband?? I'll be LUCKY if Jason turns out to be less then 8 1/2-9. I'm not stressing about all of this by any means. He'll be what he is, and I'll feel good from light exercise and choosing better foods for most of the time. So if it turns out I gain a little more than I was aiming for, at least I know I FEEL good and not like a whale that moves as fast as a turtle! 

I can't wait for breast feeding to work me back down slowly, and to get back into running. I'll MAKE the time. This time I'll also buy better running shoes. Last pair didn't work too well. Here's to a healthy happy momma!




No comments:

Post a Comment